- Size: Maximum size for the posters is
- Height: 130cm
- width: 90cm
- Poster mounting time: Monday of the week in which the event will
- Poster dismounting time: Friday of the week in which the event
will take place.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Posters of SpS4 can be
mounted on Monday 3 August and dismounted on Friday 13 August.
- The following format files will be accepted for oral presentations:
- Microsoft PowerPoint (version 2003 or up)
- Sun OpenOffice (version 2.4 or up)
- Standard PDF (Adobe Reader 8 or up)
- Standard HTML (Internet Explorer 6 or up, Mozilla Firefox 3 or up)
- The followiong formats will be accepted for annimations or movies:
- avi, wma, wmv, divx, flv, mpg, mpeg, mov, qt (via Media Player Classic
with Xvid, DivX, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP4, FLV, RealMedia, H.261, H.264, VP6,
VP7, Indeo 4, and Indeo 5 codecs; see more details at
- java (via Java Runtime Environment 6)
- annimated gif (via standard browser)
- flash (via Adobe Flash Player pluggin)
- All this software will be running under Microsoft Windows PC
platform ONLY. If you prepare your presentation with another
software/OS, like Mac Keynote, you must export it to one of the above
formats. We recommend to test your exported presentation under the
Windows platform in advance.
- Bring your final presentation to the "Media Room", R2.14 to be uploaded
(in a laptop, memory stick, CD or DVD media).
- The "Media Room" will open at 8:00 a.m. on Monday 3 August and will
remain open each week day up to 17:30, during the two weeks of the XXVII IAU GA.
- Except for the presenters in the first session on August 3 and on
August 10, the presentation must be uploaded with at least two hours
in advance of the time set for the session to start. We urge however
the presenters to upload their presentation well in advance in order
to avoid last minute difficulties.
- The recommended file name convention is
For example, lets take the first abstract on page 236 of the
Abstract Book. It is going to be presented
in the Joint Discussion 3 as the oral contribution number 14, by Dr. Krzysztof
Belczynski. So the recommended name of the file of this contribution should be
JD03_o:14_Belczynski.xxx, where "xxx" is the extension designation of the
file type of the presentation (eg. pdf, ppt, etc.).
- en is the scientific event initial - Sxxx, JDxx or SpSxx;
- tn is the talk number - as in the Abstract Book;
- lastname is the last name of the presenter.
- This facility room is not intended for editing.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: It will not be allowed to connect
personal laptops to the meeting room projectors - the presentations
must be uploaded to the GA computer system at the
"Media Room", R2.14, beforehands. Unless specific authorization for
use in the GA web page is signed, your presentation will be deleted
from the system immediately after the end of the session it was